Sunday, April 12, 2009

I struggle with time...

The purpose of this post is to explain how I examine, and attempt to overcome, one of my personal challenges.

As this is my senior speech project, the matter of completing adequate work hours is of the utmost importance to address. One of my project advisors has agreed with me that one-hundred fifty hours will be a sufficient amount of work hours... But there are several problems with how I approach fulfilling my time commitment. One is wanting to be honest with my time usage - not declaring that I have worked longer than I really have.

Of course, I believe that both of my advisors are more interested in the quality of my work than with, for example, if it takes me thirty minutes or an hour to read through a story.

As previously posted, I have decided to do the entire "Empty House" collection, and I am fully aware that, with the initial reading of the stories, researching details, practicing reading the tales aloud, recording, editing, and posting, each story will probably take at least 5 hours to complete. Still, I worry about the hours. I realize that I should focus more on the work and let the hours take care of themselves.

As far as time concerns go, creating blog posts will also eat up a significant amount of time.

Part of the reason that I have concerns is that I, personally, want to hold myself to the highest work quality possible... now, my concern is that I will not be able to get the entire collection done before the school year is over... I have a habit of not being able to properly gauge how long activities will take me. It is very possible that I may need as much as two-hundred hours to complete the project to my personal satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment